Growing Fruit … Sean Morrow & Jenece Drake
So you’ve mastered the art of growing herbs and tomatoes? And you’re looking for the top tips on growing fruit in our area? Watch and learn at this practical, outdoor workshop!
Topic: Growing Fruit in your Garden
Time: 1.30pm – 2.00pm
Venue: Outdoors Living Classroom
Synopsis: Sean and Jenece will discuss key aspects of growing your own fruit organically in a bio-diverse garden:
- Which varieties grow best in our region, and in what position?
- How high will they grow and what are the optimum light conditions?
- What type of soil is best, and how do you actually dig the hole and plant the young tree?
- How should you maintain fruit trees: mulching, irrigation, pest management?
- What about pruning and other care?
- And how long will you have to wait to pick your own?!
About Sean: Sean has been working within the landscaping industry for over 20 years and established his current business ‘One Earth Landscaping’ 13-14 years ago. Sean holds a certificate 3 in Horticulture and a Permaculture Design Certificate and his passions include growing food organically, bio-dynamics and the creation of native bird and frog habitats. Sean has opened his 6.5 acre garden/property in Pomona as part of Australia’s Open Garden Scheme (now Open Garden’s Australia) and is a willing participant in the ‘Land for Wildlife’ scheme through the Sunshine Coast Council. For the past 4-5 years, he’s also been running frog pond workshops at the Nambour Home Garden Show and other Sunshine Coast locations.
To contact Sean:
Phone: 0411 312 284
About Jenece: Jenece has 35 years experience in horticulture. She has a passion for her family’s own organic food supply: a garden on ½ acre in Imbil in the beautiful Mary Valley. She is married to her wonderful husband Chris and they have 7 children between them and 4 grand children.
To contact Jenece:
Phone: 0407 636 289